We can't wait to have your entry show off your Irish and community spirit! After you've read the information and rules below, simply select your entry type, complete the form and pay.
Business entries = $325 • Non-profit group entries = $150
Positions are predetermined by the committee and will be given to you upon your arrival at the staging area. Don't forget - all floats compete for five different awards.
- All vehicles MUST be decorated in an Irish theme.
- Only two vehicles per business.
- Entries may not be politically oriented. No campaigning is permitted. Violators will not be allowed to enter the parade route, are subject to a $1,000 fine and entries fee will not be returned.
- ALL candy, beads or other items must be handed, not thrown from the parade entry.
- No roller blades skates or skate boards
- Children must be supervised by the sponsoring organization
- No alcohol may be consumed while in the parade route or staging area
- We reserve the right to reject entries that may be considered unsafe, harmful or potentially offensive to our spectators.
- All float entries must be “Parade Ready” no later than 1:00 p.m. to be considered for an award.
- ANY ENTRIES ARRIVING LATE (after 2pm) MAY NOT BE ALLOWED INTO THE PARADE.
- Entry fee is non-refundable.
- As the applicant for participation, it is your responsibility to ensure that every member of your organization or group be aware of these rules. Any violation will result in immediate elimination from this and future parades. The Beaufort County Sheriff’s Department will be enforcing local laws. Your cooperation in making this a safe and fun event for the community is greatly appreciated.
- The Hilton Head Island St. Patrick's Day Parade Committee and its representatives and sponsors will be held harmless in the case of any accidents.
- The Parade will step off from the Beach Parking Lot onto Pope Ave across from Lagoon Road. It will continue along Pope Avenue, make a left onto Office Park Road and end at Park Plaza.
- Please be sure to have someone from your group at Park Plaza to pick up any children in a timely fashion. Parking is also available on the outer spaces in the Staples lot to avoid traffic on Greenwood drive.
STAGING AREA NOTES
- The entrance to the staging area will be on South Forest Beach Drive and the parade will begin at the Beach Parking entrance onto Pope Avenue.
- To get to the Staging area: use Pope Avenue, then at Coligny Circle, take the first right onto South Forest Beach Drive. Stay in the right lane and parade coordinators will assist you.
- You will not be able to drive into the entrance off Pope Ave.
- NO VEHICLES WILL BE ALLOWED INTO THE STAGING AREA UNLESS THEY ARE PART OF THE PARADE. Children, volunteers and participants not arriving in an officially entered parade vehicle must be dropped off directly after the entry to Beach Parking on Pope Avenue (see Parade Map) PRIOR TO 1PM. Please have members of your group at the dropoff zone to get children in your group to the proper place. Drivers dropping off participants will NOT be allowed to park, this is for dropoff only. Drivers continue around Coligny Circle after dropping off and go north on Pope Avenue to park near the parade's end.
- Band buses - see the band bus route on the Parade Route Map. Turn onto Cordillo, then DeAllyon, then left onto South Forest Beach and pull up to the Band Bus Dropoff Zone. After your band has disembarked, drivers proceed around Coligny Circle, north on Pope Avenue and turn left on Office Park Drive to park at the Courtyard Building.
- Arrive as early as possible, no later than 1:00 p.m. The Sheriff’s Department will be rerouting the traffic on Pope Ave at approximately 2:00 p.m. All participants must be in the Staging Area ready to proceed no later than that time.