The Hilton Head Island St. Patrick’s Day Parade will show off its Irish spirit on Sunday, March 12th, 2017 at 3:00PM. It will take your group about one hour to cover the Parade Route. Zones and positions are predetermined and will be given to you upon your arrival at the staging area. So gather your group, and enter a float, either one of your own making or a commercial float from our suppliers listed below. All floats compete for five different awards.
- Business float or participation = $325
- Non-profit group entries = $150
Does not include cost of commercial float rental if chosen.
To rent commercial floats, please visit: Southeastern Floats and Kirby Parade Floats
- All vehicles entered in the parade MUST be decorated in an Irish theme.
- It is necessary to limit the vehicle participation to two vehicles per business.
- We reserve the right to reject entries that may be considered unsafe, harmful or potentially offensive to our spectators.
- Entries may not be politically oriented. No campaigning is permitted. Violators will not be allowed to enter the parade route, are subject to a $1,000 fine and entries fees will not be returned.
- NO candy, beads or other items may be thrown from the parade entry. Participant must walk to the crowd and hand them any items they wish to distribute.
- No roller blades skates or skate boards
- Children must be supervised by the sponsoring organization
- No alcohol may be consumed while in the parade route or staging area
- All float entries must be “Parade Ready” no later than 1:00 p.m. on Sunday if they wish to be considered for an award.
- ANY ENTRIES ARRIVING LATE (after 2pm) MAY NOT BE ALLOWED INTO THE PARADE
- Entry fee is non-refundable
As the applicant for participation, it is your responsibility to ensure that every member of your organization or group be aware of these rules. Any violation will result in immediate elimination from this and future parades. The Beaufort County Sheriff’s Department will be enforcing local laws. Your cooperation in making this a safe and fun event for the community is greatly appreciated.
- The entrance to the staging area will be on South Forest Beach Drive and the parade will begin at the Beach Parking entrance onto Pope Avenue.
- To get to the Staging area: use Pope Avenue, then at Coligny Circle, take the first right onto South Forest Beach Drive. Stay in the right lane and parade coordinators will assist you.
- You will not be able to drive into the entrance off Pope Ave.
- Please be prepared to follow instructions upon entering the staging area. Zone Captains will be available to assist you.
- NO VEHICLES WILL BE ALLOWED INTO THE STAGING AREA UNLESS THEY ARE PART OF THE PARADE. Children, volunteers and other participants not arriving in an officially entered parade vehicle will have to be dropped off directly after the entry to Beach Parking on Pope Avenue (see Parade Map) PRIOR TO 1PM. There will be monitors there to escort children to their position in the Parade. We strongly suggest that you also have members of your group at the dropoff zone to assist in getting children in your group to the proper place. Drivers dropping off participants will NOT be allowed to park, this is for dropoff only. Drivers continue around Coligny Circle after dropping off and go north on Pope Avenue to park near the parade's end.
- Band buses - see the band bus route on the Parade Route Map. Turn onto Cordillo, then DeAllyon, then left onto South Forest Beach and pull up to the Band Bus Dropoff Zone. After your band has disembarked, drivers proceed around Coligny Circle, north on Pope Avenue and turn left on Office Park Drive to park at the Courtyard Building.
- Plan on arriving as early as possible, and definitely before 1:00 p.m. The Sheriff’s Department will be rerouting the traffic on Pope Ave at approximately 2:00 p.m. All participants must be in the Staging Area ready to proceed no later than that time. Once the Deputies turn the traffic, Pope Avenue will become very congested and it will cause delays.
- The Parade will step off from the Beach Parking Lot onto Pope Ave across from Lagoon Road. It will continue along Pope Avenue, make a left onto Office Park Road and end at Park Plaza.
- Please be sure to have someone from your group at Park Plaza to pick up any children in a timely fashion. Parking is also available on the outer spaces in the Staples lot to avoid traffic on Greenwood drive.
The Hilton Head Island St. Patrick's Day Parade Committee and its representatives and sponsors will be held harmless in the case of any accidents